Impact Hub Zürich
We are a community of creators building a radically collaborative world.
We believe that the world’s greatest challenges will never be solved by one person or organization alone. We need to work together. That’s why we set out to create a thriving innovation ecosystem where people collaborate across organizations, cultures and generations to solve the grand challenges of our time.
We are looking for either Daily Hosts (20%) or Community Hosts (5-10%).
Your tasks as Daily Host (20%)
As a Daily Host you are committed to space and people hosting at our Impact Hub location “Viadukt”, with one shift per week. (09:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 18:30) preferably for at least 4 months.
Space hosting responsibilities include:
- opening and closing the location
- keeping the space tidy and functional
- making sure that the coffee keeps flowing in the morning
- welcoming booking guests and help with on site tech troubleshooting
- welcoming newcomers and guests, give tours and introductions to the Hub
Your tasks as Community Host (5-10%)
As a Community Host, you are organising one event for our members per week. The aim is to bring members together and create a moment of active community building. Each day features a different event. This will be discussed during the meet and greet.
Community hosting responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the logistics of the event (groceries, set-up, etc.)
- encourage members to participate
- creating an open and collaborative atmosphere during the event
- an outgoing and communicative personality (you offer your help when people seem lost)
- able to communicate in German and English (you can use your hands and feet as support)
- proactive and dutiful (you’re proud of every issue that is solved right away instead of tomorrow)
- well organized and able to improvise (you always know what to do even if you don’t know the answer right now)
- reliable (you’re on time, you communicate your absence in advance and organise a deputy when you’re sick)
Location – Impact Hub Zürich, Viadukt
Start Date – ongoing
Duration – You commit for a period of min. 4 months
Compensation – This is an unpaid volunteering program
Application – Please fill out this form
Application Deadline – ongoing
„Being a Hubonaut gives me the opportunity to meet new members or guests of the Impact Hub and makes me feel more engaged with the community. This is definitely rewarding and btw. would have probably not been so easily for me otherwise. In addition I receive a discount on my membership, which allows me to come more often to the office in comparison to what I would grant myself.“
David DalBusco, Member of Impact Hub Zürich and founder of Fluster