Gain valuable experience for your career and take on real responsibility from the first day.
You will work with and as an entrepreneur - so you deep dive into the sector of entrepreneurship! Learn the excitements of being an entrepreneur.
Through our innovative learning program complementing the internship, you experience a development of your skills over summer.
You will experience the entrepreneurial 'work hard - play hard' attitude. Next to all the work, Impact Hub members enjoy having a beer or going for a swim in the Limmat.
Access our networks, build important future connections for a job and open yourself for unexpected opportunities.
The Summerpreneurship Academy, a unique, top-notch entrepreneurial learning program takes place over the summer months of June, July and August (14 weeks) at Impact Hub Zürich. It complements the internship to broaden and facilitate your experience in the startup world and takes up 10% of your internship time (so to say half a day a week). The Academy conveys an entrepreneurial, innovative and sustainable mindset which is needed more and more in the business world.
Additionally, within the Academy you get insights about what innovation combined with entrepreneurship means in different settings: in a young enterprise, in larger corporations and in Academia – but as well in different fields as design, technology, social & ecological.
Always on Fridays the so-called Hub-days are taking place at the Impact Hub Zürich, which include active-learning classes in the morning (Academy ) and co-working with the other Summerpreneurs in the afternoon. The Hub-days contain different formats, such as workshops, peer-to-peer sessions, challenges, a learning diary and more. The Summepreneurship Academy starts with a Kick-off on May 17 and ends with a Wrap-up event on August 31.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
You are a student, interested in experiencing the startup world? Go through the following steps:
Step 1: Check if you meet the participation criteria:
- IMPORTANT: You are enrolled as student in Swiss university (of applied science) or possess a valid work permit for summer
- Your are ideally between 20 and 30 years old.
- You are dynamic, motivated to learn and willing to challenge the status quo in a impact-driven startup environment
- The level and field of studies is open; it depends on the position that is offered
- You are available for 8-14 weeks for the internship between June – August this summer 2017
- Your primary motivation for the internship is non-financial (exact financial remuneration depends on the specific startup)
Step 2: Read carefully through the InfoBooklet especially for students. In case if you get approved to the program, please save the date of the Meet & Match event on April 10, 6-8pm.
Step 3: Check out the open internships positions, choose up to 5 favorite internship positions and apply till latest March 31, midnight.
- In case you do not fulfill the criteria your participation in the program can be rejected.
- The Meet & Match event (more info in the InfoBooklet) has limited spots – Therefore participation can’t be guaranteed. Within your application you indicate your participation. The ‘first come, first served’ rule is applied. So hurry up, the sooner you apply the higher the chances.
- When filling out the application form, you can apply at the same time to internships of the Summerpreneurship Geneva edition. It is up to you to choose between Zurich or Geneva (or even apply for both). You will also attend the Academy at either Zurich or Geneva. Nevertheless, be aware that you are responsible to organize accommodation if commuting is not an option.
- Stay tuned through our Facebook page
ORGANIZERS AND PARTNERS
Summerpreneurship has been created and organized by Impact Hub Zürich since 2013; 2017 will be the 5th edition. Since three editions Impact Hub Geneva is organizing the program in their city and focusing on the french-speaking part of Switzerland.
This year, we are partnering here in Zurich with the ETH Zurich and the ZHdK and thanks as well to the support of our long-term partner the Emil & Rosa Richterich-Beck foundation, we are able to conduct Summerpreneurship in 2017. Our collaboration with the ETH Entrepreneurs Club enforces the connection with students and startups of the ETH.
In case you have questions about participating in the Summerpreneurship program, get in touch with Annina or Prisca – you have the choice;-).