Gain valuable experience for your career and take on real responsibility from the first day.
You will work with and as an entre/intrapreneur - so you deep dive into the sector of entrepreneurship! Learn the excitements of being an entrepreneur.
Through our innovative learning program complementing the internship, you experience a development of your skills over summer.
You will experience the entrepreneurial 'work hard - play hard' attitude. Next to all the work, Impact Hub members enjoy having a beer or going for a swim in the Limmat.
Access our networks, build important future connections for a job and open yourself for unexpected opportunities.
The Summerpreneurship Academy, a unique, top-notch entrepreneurial learning program takes place over from mid-June until mid-September (14 weeks) at Impact Hub Zürich. It complements the internship to broaden and facilitate your experience in the startup world and takes up 10% of your internship time (approx. 4 hours per week, normally Tuesdays from 3-7pm). The Academy conveys an entrepreneurial, innovative, agile, collaborative and resilient mindset which is needed more and more in the business world.
Additionally, within the Academy you get insights about what innovation combined with entrepreneurship means in different settings: in a young enterprise, in larger corporations and in Academia – but as well in different fields as design, technology, social & ecological.
Always on Tuesdays the Academy sessions are taking place at the Impact Hub Zürich, which include active-learning classes and co-working. The Academy contains different formats, such as workshops, peer-to-peer sessions, challenges, a learning diary and more. The Summepreneurship Academy starts with a Kick-off on June 12 and ends with a Wrap-up event on September 11. Have a look at the short overview over the Academy content.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
You are a student, interested in experiencing the startup world? Go through the following steps:
Step 1: Check if you meet the participation criteria:
- IMPORTANT: You are enrolled as student in Swiss university (of applied science) or possess a valid work permit for summer
- Your are ideally between 20 and 30 years old.
- You are dynamic, motivated to learn and willing to challenge the status quo in a impact-driven startup environment
- The level and field of studies is open; it depends on the position that is offered
- You are available for 8-14 weeks for the internship between June – September this summer 2018
- Your primary motivation for the internship is non-financial (exact financial remuneration depends on the specific startup)
Step 2: Read carefully through the InfoBooklet especially for students. In case if you get approved to the program, please save the date of the Meet & Match event on April 16, 6.30pm – 8.30pm.
Step 3: Check out the open internships, find your favorite companies and apply till latest April 8, midnight. Be aware that only by end of March ALL jobs are available due to the startup application deadline of March 25.
- In case you do not fulfill the criteria your participation in the program can be rejected.
- The amount of applications is limited. The same goes for the participation at the Meet & Match event, when selected. Please be aware that the ‚first come, first served‘ rule is applied and that students from academia partner have preferential access. So hurry up, the sooner you apply the higher your chances.
- Follow us on Facebook!
If you have legal questions about your job application for Summerpreneurship, eg. if you need to apply for a work permit, you can get in touch with Adrian Bieri from Bratschi AG: email@example.com. Important: Leave your mobile number for Adrian to get back to you.
Please read first through the application requirements and the InfoBooklet, many answers are already in there.
PARTICIPATING STARTUPS FROM 2017
After the application deadline for startups (March 25) you can see all open job offerings online. Until then we want to give you an idea on who usually participates in Summerpreneurship.
To see this years job offerings please check out open internships, be aware that not all open jobs will be online before the beginning of April: Choose your favorite companies and apply till latest April 8.
ORGANIZERS AND PARTNERS
Summerpreneurship has been created and organized by Impact Hub Zürich since 2013; 2018 will be the 6th edition. This year, we are partnering with the University of Zurich, FHNW, UBS and Swisscom. Thanks to them we are able to conduct Summerpreneurship in 2018.
In case you have questions about participating in the Summerpreneurship program, get in touch with Annina or Isabel – you have the choice;-).