Are you eager to get involved in a community of creators building a radically collaborative world? Then why not consider volunteering as a Hubonaut! The Impact Hub Zürich’s Hubonaut program is a work exchange oriented towards supporting people who are interested in connecting into an open, vibrant and creative professional community. We’re always looking for motivated volunteers with great people skills to join our hosting team.
As an integral part of the Impact Hub Team, Hubonauts commit as Daily Hosts to fixed days in our locations, or opt for more flexibility by joining our backup team as Flying Hosts.
• As a Daily Host you are committed to space and people hosting at one of our Impact Hub locations with one shift per week (opening: 8.30 a.m. to 2.30 p.m. or closing: 1.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m.) for at least 4 months. Space hosting responsibilities include opening or closing the locations, helping to keep the space tidy and functional, and making sure that the coffee keeps flowing. As a people host, you are an important ambassador for the Impact Hub, welcoming newcomers, giving tours, helping members find their way around, organizing activities to bring the community together, and bringing your positive personality into the mix to create an open and collaborative atmosphere where people feel encouraged to connect.
• As a Flying Host you make yourselves flexibly available on an as needed basis to help step in when our daily hosts are absent or if we need event support.
As a Hubonaut host you
• have the opportunity to make new connections and gain interesting insights from within the Impact Hub innovation ecosystem
• have the opportunity to bring in your talents and skills and grow through event- and workshop participation
• will receive a membership for the time you are volunteering (depending on your commitment)
„Being a Hubonaut gives me the opportunity to meet new members or guests of the Impact Hub and makes me feel more engaged with the community. This is definitely rewarding and btw. would have probably not been so easily for me otherwise. In addition I receive a discount on my membership, which allows me to come more often to the office in comparison to what I would grant myself.“
David DalBusco, Member of Impact Hub Zürich and founder of Fluster
Interested? Apply here! Please note that we’re looking for Hubonauts all year round, so send us your application as soon as you’re ready.